Thursday, October 10, 2013

Emperor Vexx (all character names are temporary)


Emperor of the Xxetholeh. Died in the Battle of The Deepest End. He's a fiend (you can think of fiends in my book as undead, sort of, but with mythical power. I want to give them a cool name than a generic name like fiend, or undead, but I haven't got one yet.)

His role in the story is somewhat of a mystery in the beginning and he doesn't really show up much. But he does play a pretty important role. 

For his design, I wanted to give him an outer-worldly feel, something that's more creature and alien like. So while I was designing him, I kept thinking of Aliens and the way they would animate. Their body parts that would seem a lot more flexible than human beings - and you can see the influence in the arms and legs in this design. His headdress is his crown. I want to give him a visual remark that says, "hey, I am still an emperor".  

The tentacles...well, I think they speak for themselves:)

No comments:

Post a Comment