Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Cricket (all character names are temporary)


Finished Cricket drawing. It's a pretty dark theme...but I like it:)

Cricket is the last character for the story. He's sort of a disciple of Iron 13. Cricket travels around carrying books for him. He's not especially strong but he's intelligent and often he can get out of sticky situations by outsmarting his foes.

Cricket is an interesting character. After I thought up the story of Demise and got all the story characters figured out, I figured I wanted a character that's different than the rest of the cast. So I thought of having a little boy that travels with Iron 13. His relationship with Iron 13 is an interesting one as the old man is wise and knowledgeable, and Cricket is this little boy that doesn't like to obey his master - he does what feels right to him and sometimes that gets him in trouble.

Cricket's design is more of less inspired by Trix from Golden Axe Revenge of Death Adder. Trix was the character that immediately came to mind when I thought of a boy with unique weapon. Though I never played this game too much and never played as Trix (I didn't even know that's his name until now after looking up for the picture below), I remember seeing him in action at the arcades in the mid 90's and for some reason, he's design just got stuck in my mind ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment